Loving and living on the Family Farm.
A Dozen (plus one) Parts of Me
1. I taught high school English and drama (and for one unfortunate semester, art) for five years. I stopped teaching because I started to hate it.
2. I now teach CO102, otherwise known as Fundamentals of Speech, to college students. I love every minute of it.
3. I lived in Oregon for 15 years, and loved it.
4. We finally moved back to my childhood home on the family farm in southwest Washington. The Family Farm consists of us, my parents, my brother's family, my aunt and uncle, my cousin's family, and more cats and dogs than you can count.
5. I married my high school sweetheart in 1997. Jason is a social studies teacher who coaches soccer, does laundry, adores his daughters, and stays infinitely patient with me. I am smitten, head-over-heels, crazy in love with him.
6. Our tenderhearted daughter Sydney was born in 2004. She is destined to bring beauty and grace to the world through her dancing.
7. Our vibrant daughter Julianne was born in 2006. She is destined to bring joy and laughter to the world through her smiles.
8. Our sweet daughter Adelynn was born in 2010. She makes me happy.
9. I've been blogging for over seven years.
10. Apropos of teaching English, I love to write and read and speak. Apropos of nothing, I don't love to scrapbook, knit, go to garage sales, or refinish furniture.
11. I could not survive were it not for the saving grace of Jesus Christ, who has rescued me from despair, and given me an eternal hope in Him. My belief in God is the most important thing in my life.
12. I am a first-born,
mamma, wife, sister, aunt, daughter.
I am a chocolate loving,
intent on loving others.
13. Incidentally, the name 'Creature Bug' is a tribute to the beauty and mystery of ultrasound pictures.
It's not exactly exciting, but you put any creature bug under a microscope and something interesting is bound to be discovered.
dreaming of the day we'll build our house on the family farm