If you ask Sydney, it's a sad yet somewhat exciting story how she got that burn blister on her pointer finger and thumb. She ends it by saying, "That's too bad," with just the right sympathetic tones.
From what we can figure out, while Sydney was up visiting her grandparents she was hanging out in Aunt Andrea's room (Aunt Andrea still being away in China) chatting on the phone. For some reason, Sydney loves talking on that phone, and since you have to push some buttons to get a dial tone then it's quite a harmless activity.
Next to the phone is one of those touch lamps--the kind you touch and it turns on. This also is an exciting feature about Andrea's room. However, sometime after she had turned the lamp on, she evidently got so engrossed in her conversation on the phone that she absentmindedly reached up and grabbed the lamp's light bulb.
I don't know how long it took her to realize that it was too hot to hold, but it was long enough for her to get three little burn blisters on her hand.
Poor little lamb.
Fortunately, after the initial trauma the blisters don't seem to bother her. When she got home yesterday, I tried to put ointment on it, which she promptly rubbed off because it "makes hands sticky." Tried a loose bandage, which she promptly ripped off because it was "scratchy."
Also fortunately, she's a smart little cookie so at least we don't have to worry about her doing that again.