All right. After today, we're not talking about feeling sick, or coughing, or runny noses, or any of that. Once March comes, then it'll be all rainbows and smiles. Unless, you know, something else comes along. But really, raise your hand if you're sick? Or just getting over being sick? Or praying that you don't get sick? Or hoping that by reading about this I'm not transferring germs onto you? That probably covers everybody, and we're all tired of hearing about being sick. But before we get too tired, I need to purge all the stories out of me, and then...done.
- Yesterday, Sydney had an eye appointment. She had been dreading it because she knew she was going to have her eyes dilated. I wouldn't say she was angelic at the appointment, but she made it through.
- Despite what I would not call a great performance on her eye exam (it broke my heart to see her struggling to see the shapes), her vision is evidently better than it was a year ago. We'll go with "improvement is good."
- New vision numbers means new glasses. Woo hoo! And woo hoo for vision insurance.
- Hopefully new glasses will cheer Sydney up; she's most likely contracted my bronchitis. Poor dear. Between Jules' fevers and Sydney's coughing, we've gone through half a bottle of children's Tylenol this week.
- That medicine that I got to help me get over bronchitis is fabulous. Especially the nighttime cough medicine. Evidently it's a narcotic (or has narcotics in it, or however you even use that word), so it better be good. And boy, is it ever. I wake up feeling terrific.
- Hopefully tomorrow the girls can get their own prescriptions for helping them feel fabulous too.
- One bright spot regarding Julianne's health: for months, Jules was getting red welts all over her lower stomach and the back of her legs. They looked like bug bites, but we knew they weren't. Turns out she is allergic to diapers--or at least, allergic to regular diapers. I don't know why I didn't figure it out sooner. I can't even use regular detergent for our laundry (oh yeah, All Free and Clear for us).
- We switched her to Seventh-Generation Diapers, and within two days all the sores were gone. Amazing.
- Jules is in love with her new diapers. She should be...they're twice the price of regular diapers.
- Totally worth it.
- My dear husband took yesterday off from work so I could have some extra rest. He's taking tomorrow off too. Isn't he sweet?