Although it doesn't get a lot of press here in the States, many of you are probably aware of the terrible brush fires that have devastated parts of Australia.
Some statistics as of March 4 (courtesy this link):
- Over 400,000 hectares (988,400 acres) burnt across the state
- 210 lives lost
- 2029 properties destroyed
- 78 townships affected
- Four fires still burning - the Kilmore-Murrindindi north complex, the Kilmore-Murrindindi south complex, the Bunyip Ridge and Wilsons Promontory fires.
- 2000 firefighters still out in force
- Five relief centers operating
My brother (a well-known poster artist), along with his friend Mitch, wanted to do something to help out and came up with this (click image for larger version):
It's the Australia Brush Fire Relief version of his classic 2005 poster "Welcome Home." This version features a new color scheme, including four glow in the dark inks (for a total of 5 colors). It's a 16" x 24" screenprint, and is easily one of Tyler's most sought-after images ever. Half of all profits will be donated directly to the Australian Red Cross' Brushfire Appeal Fund. The poster sale ends on Wednesday, March 18th at 12pm CST.
Not only is this a cool print (and hey! it glows in the dark!), but the profits go toward a really great cause. Click here if you're interested in purchase info.