It's a big week. It'll be impossible for me to capture everything in words, but parts of it will be captured in photos. One part specifically will probably be capture in hundreds of photos.
It won't be Monday, the day that Sydney starts swimming lessons, although I'm sure I'll get a few pictures of that.
It won't be Tuesday, the day that Sydney's hair gets trimmed at the salon (as a result of me haphazardly chopping two inches off).
It won't be Tuesday night, when Jason comes home from his trip (hallelujah, praise God for Tuesday night).
It won't be Wednesday, the day that we pack up all our belongings in our Salem apartment and say goodbye forever to our beloved Oregon phone number that we've had all our married lives.
It won't be Thursday, the day that Jason packs up his classroom and says farewell to a school he has loved teaching at.
The pictures will start Friday evening, and then continue all day Saturday.
The blessed event? Rebekah is getting married.
It would be exciting enough that the World's Best Nanny is getting married, but there is a little something extra that makes it even more exciting: Sydney is the flower girl.
While being a flower girl is a plenty big honor, the real perk of flower girl duties is THE DRESS. Spinny princess dresses fill approximately 78% of Sydney's dreams (the other 22% being divided equally between princesses and ballerinas and kittens). And this one does not disappoint.
She got to try it on a few weeks ago when we went to a bridal shower for Rebekah.
Sydney took her duty seriously and helped unwrap presents.
Unwrapping presents AND a spinny flower girl dress? Does get any better?
Not likely. Check out her shirt, by the way (it says Flower Girl).
I got to thinking I probably shouldn't have cut Sydney's hair until after the wedding, but it'll be fine. She still looks cute as a button.
And we could always add some ribbons if we need to.
Yep, big week. My little girl is in her first wedding.
You can bet I'll be crying--at Sydney, at Rebekah, at the end of a week that'll be marked by beautiful beginning. I'm a sucker for weddings...and for adorable flower girls.