What's the story morning glory?
What's the word hummingbird?
How about some bullet points for this Sunday evening?
- I do not know why I can't get back into the swing of blogging. My mind seems to be filled to the brim with all the stuff I need to get done, and complete sentences are hard to come by.
- Sydney started piano lessons a week ago. She's been wanting to do piano for awhile now--she plays a lot of songs by ear, and I've given her some basics since I took six+ years myself--so we finally coordinated with the music teacher at her school for lessons. So far the novelty of practicing hasn't worn off. She would practice six hours a day if we let her. I'm happy about it. She doesn't know that starting lessons means I'm not letting her give it up for a few years, unlike some of her other extra-curricular activities.
- I started classes a couple weeks ago. Some people might get tired of teaching the same stuff over and over again--this is my seventh year teaching speech--but I enjoy it a great deal. I like change in my house, change in my wardrobe, change in my foods. I do not like a lot of change in my teaching content other than updating some methods and exercises.
- We are back to weekly visits with the naturopath for Jules. We had taken a break for the last couple months, but needed to get back to some treatments. Even though I love the place we go, the 45 minute drive makes Jules so fussy. Perhaps it's time to see if we can find someone a little closer...
- We had some snow last week, so Sydney's school was cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday. Then after the snow, the weather warmed up and it rained. And rained. And rained. We were fortunate to escape any local damage since we were smack-dab in the geographical middle of two serious weather issues. Up north was snow and ice. Down south was flooding. It was ugly.
- Any day now the Family Farm is getting a new cousin! We are all very excited to meet her, and it's a bit crazy to think about there being TEN Family Farm cousins hanging out around here. Eight kids under the age of nine? Five kids under the age of five? Oh boy, oh boy. Or, rather, since most of those kids are girls, oh girl, oh girl.
- And that's all I got. See? My brain is definitely NOT getting enough sleep.